Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nectarine Banana Smoothie

I have been on a smoothie kick lately. I love smoothies!! I love trying out different combinations of fruit and seeing what tastes the best together. Since my fridge is somewhat bare this week because we are in between vacation weekends this is what I had on hand and it was SO yummy.

1 medium banana
1/2 nectarine (I leave the skin on because I think it adds flavor but whatever floats your boat)
1/2 c. low fat vanilla yogurt
3/4 c. apple juice
6-8 ice cubes (if you plan ahead of time you could slice the nectarine and freeze it the night before and omit ice cubes but I was going on a whim here.)

Add all ingredients to a blender and whip it up until its nice and smooth. Yummy!

*I don't have a picture because the kids and I chugged them down so quick but it is the request with breakfast tomorrow so I will try to snap one then.*

No comments:

Post a Comment